Temperatures are going higher and higher and the sunshine maybe even elevating your mood. Does that have an impact on your fashion sense? Hopefully, yes. We have noticed that women tend to be more creative and free with their outfit choices during the warmer months of the year. Probably, there are a few reasons for that. First of all, they do not worry as much that they are going to die due to the cold winds and freezing air. Also, the warmer weather can inspire people to go for brighter colors and as a whole experiment more in their personal lives, but also in their appearance. Last but not least, spring or summer clothes are usually more fun and sexy!
However, when it comes to your office attire, things get a little tricky. Depending on what industry you work in, you need to follow a certain dress code. If you are in a more creative team like marketing, advertising, etc., you can allow yourself a certain level of imagination and originality in your outfits. However, corporate environments or a law profession requires strict following of the dress code: you need to provoke respect and not let your clothes distract your clients or colleagues from the work you have done. Nevertheless, we want to inspire you with some little tricks and ideas of how to adapt your work wear to the standards of your workplace, but also the hot summer season. After all, you need not only to dress to impress, but also dress for the job you want, not the one you have, so personal style plays a role in your professional development!
- Always keep something to cover yourself up in your desk, car, etc.: just somewhere you can get it easily if you need to. Whether you choose a light cardigan, a beautiful scarf or even a jumper with a coarse stitch, is your choice. Still, all of these options can fit the dress, jumpsuit or skirt that you have picked that day. If you have an important meeting, you would want to hide the skin that is shown during the rest of the time.
- Pick the clothes according to the fabrics. You want them to allow your body to breathe in the summer heat. Even if you have air conditioning in the office, you might need to do a coffee run or go out to a restaurant to talk to a client. Knitted or lace clothes are elegant, but would also have the “breathing” effect that we are mentioning.
- Textiles and colors matter more than you would think. Cotton-satin suits or linen ones are good options. Lighter neutral hues are a great idea too: light grey, blue nuances or white, for example. Even pink in a more subtle nuance or cream colors are great options. Overall, you do not have to get bored by the color of your work wardrobe!
- Accessories are the key to a more creative look. Jewelry, a watch, a belt on the waist or a little gentle scarf around the neck can add the class you want to your outfit. A watch is always a great choice if you do not want to overdo the jewelry! Of course, stick to no more than three accessories or you risk looking too opulent for your job.
- After all, you need to remember you are at work and should not reveal too much. Stick to knee-length dresses and skirts and avoid deep V-necks. Keeping it appropriate is very important. The quality of your clothes can determine whether you will be too hot during the summer.
- Last but not least, you can keep your hair up, so that you are not bothered by it during the day and you do not get sweaty. A high bun or a braid can be a fantastic option, especially if you have a beautiful pair of earrings to add!