If you want to put the accent on your makeup on your lips, you have to go through a whole preparing procedure only to make the skin good enough to handle the dark lipstick.
Today I want to show you a tutorial for Ombre lips, covered with the strawberry color. But the application of the lipstick is the easy part, the difficult part is the one that prepares the skin for the lipstick. Let’s go through that first, before we apply the color. Take a look:
- Sometimes the edges of the lips are covered with dead skin cell, dry cuticles, black heads, fuzz, food leftovers, etc. These additions are tiny, small but when you apply the dark lipstick everything comes out of the visible world. But there is one simple procedure that will fix the problem of the ugly lip edges – exfoliation. The good think about the lip scrub is that you can make it at home and I’m sure that you have the needed ingredients in your kitchen. They are honey and sugar. The crystal white sugar will rub away the dead cells, the cuticles and all the nasty things that are bothering the lipstick. And the honey will soften the skin and nourish the irritation that is caused by the rubbing. So, mix one tablespoon of crystal white sugar and a pinch of honey into a small bowl. Rub the lips with that mixture for several minutes, and then rinse with cold water to close the pores.
- Moisturize the lips immediately after the exfoliation.
- Then apply concealer or foundation in order to even out the color of the lips according to the skin color.
- Then apply lip balm again, it will help to spread the color evenly.
- Then apply the red lipstick only at the center of the lips. Use your finger to pull out the color to the edges.